A Saturday afternoon incident at KFC led to a police call out, no injuries reported

Police were called to a disturbance at KFC at the weekend.
Bermuda Broadcasting contacted police on Saturday after word reached our newsroom about an incident at the popular fast food establishment that afternoon.
This morning, police confirmed that they received reports around 4:18pm on Saturday that several individuals were involved in a disturbance at KFC.
However, those concerned had already left the Queen Street location when police arrived.
Police said enquiries were conducted in an effort to identify those involved, and anyone with information is encouraged to call the main police number 295-0011.
Jason Benevides, President of KFC Operations Ltd, also confirmed that there had been a disturbance.
“As a public establishment”, he said, “KFC welcomes a wide range of members of the public… Unfortunately, this means that occasionally we are exposed to unsociable or otherwise inappropriate conduct.”
Mr Benevides would not provide further detail as the matter is under police investigation, but he did comment on security measures.
He said, “KFC employs a variety of procedures and security measures to protect both staff and customers in those rare situations where disturbances or other threats arise.”
“Whilst we cannot discuss the nature of those measures, we do note there were no injuries reported as a result of the recent disturbance, BPS responded quickly, and we are assisting BPS with their inquiries.”

