Monday, August 17, 2026
- Advertisement -

More than 300 youth supported through workforce programmes in 2025

Minister says many gained employment as strategy continues to expand

More than 320 young Bermudians took part in Youth Employment Strategy programmes last year through the Department of Workforce Development.

This according to Economy and Labour Minister Jason Hayward, who said the initiative remains a central part of Government’s effort to build what he called a “resilient, future-ready workforce.”

The programme saw 72 high school students secure summer internships, while 100 university students were placed in summer employment.

In addition, 182 young people completed structured job-readiness workshops focused on resume writing, mock interviews and professional communication – with 67 per cent obtaining employment within three months of completing the programme.

Seven participants were placed in hospitality roles, three of whom secured full-time employment.

The strategy also included targeted support for at-risk youth in collaboration with the Gang Violence Reduction Team, providing individualised employment planning and trauma-informed coaching.

Minister Hayward added: “One participant secured employment, while another is progressing toward certification in the HVAC sector.

“These targeted interventions reflect the Strategy’s commitment to inclusive access and wraparound support for vulnerable youth.”

Overall, Minister Hayward described 2025’s outcomes as “tangible and results-driven,” adding that the strategy will continue evolving to meet the needs of both young Bermudians and the industries that power the economy.

Read his full statement below.

Author

- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -