Monday, August 17, 2026
- Advertisement -

‘No evidence my daughter is alive’

As the search for 15 year-old Ja’Dore Wilson continues, her mother says she is disappointed in the community, police and government

It’s been almost four weeks since missing teen Ja’Dore Wilson was reportedly last seen at her North Terrace, Pembroke home.

At a press conference this afternoon, Ja’Dore’s mother, Di’Shunta Clarke, acknowledged various narratives being presented but said, “the truth is there is no evidence to suggest or to prove that Ja’Dore is willingly missing, that she is safe or even that she is alive at this point.”

This runs somewhat counter to a previous police statement on September 30, that said there was reason to believe the 15-year-old may be staying away from home voluntarily, and possibly being harboured.

Police reiterated today that the last confirmed sighting of Ja’Dore Wilson was on September 17.

Ms. Clarke told media today that there have been no confirmed sightings, no communication and no way of knowing her daughter is okay. She added that no visible belongings are missing from their home that would indicate that Ja’Dore left or intended to leave for this long.

Any beliefs or opinions beings shared regarding the matter, Ms. Clarke said, are false and “extremely damaging to bringing [Ja’Dore] home soon and safely.”

The family has launched a GoFundMe page with a goal of raising $30,000 to support search efforts for Ja’Dore. (image below from website below)

The campaign description states that donations will go directly toward hiring private investigators, search and rescue operations, including boats and drones, detection dogs trained to locate missing persons, and specialized equipment and military assistance.

“If I’m honest, I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed in the community, in the police service and in the government. I should not have to stand up here and beg for more resources,” said Ms. Clarke.

Police said they have utilised canine units and conducted physical searches for Ja’Dore, however, underscored that at 15 years old, she is “extremely vulnerable.”

Detective Inspector Kenten Trott, leading the search, acknowledged that the BPS does not have a dog trained to search for bodies. The last time a cadaver dog was used, in the search for murder-victim Chavelle Dillon-Burgess, the animal had been brought in from overseas.

DI Trott thanked the public for leads provided thus far but called on residents to continue searching around their homes and in derelict sheds/buildings.

“If everybody helps, we can find Ja’Dore”, he said.

A police spokesperson has subsequently stated that they have no evidence to suggest Ja’Dore Wilson is not alive.

Ja’Dore Wilson is described as light complexioned, 5 feet 4 inches tall, of medium build, weighing approximately 175 pounds, with black and blonde hair past her shoulders, which may also be worn shorter.

Persons with relevant information on the whereabouts of 15-year-old Ja’Dore Wilson are urged to contact Detective Inspector Kenten Trott immediately, by calling 717-2345, or e-mailing kenten.trott@bps.bm.

Di’Shunta Clarke, mother of missing teen Ja’Dore Wilson, with Ja’Dore’s aunt Kaylyn Bascome, who has started a GoFundMe page to fund a private investigation. Photo by Ra’ees Tankard.

Authors

- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -