Most customers restored within three hours; crews continue work in remaining areas

Update (10:00pm): Power has been largely restored to the west end following an outage caused by a fault at the Belmont substation.
BELCO President Wayne Caines said: “On Sunday evening, a fault occurred at the Belmont substation that caused an outage in the West End of the island. BELCO crews were immediately dispatched and identified an underground cable fault as the cause. Crews worked to restore power as quickly and safely as possible and, as of 10 pm, the majority of customers had been restored within 3 hours of the initial fault.
Two localised areas in the West End remain affected, with crews on site working to restore those customers now.
A full investigation will commence Monday morning. BELCO thanks all affected customers for their patience during this outage.”
Residents in the west end of the island are without power this evening following a fault at BELCO’s Belmont substation.
It is unclear how many utility customers have been impacted, but Bermuda Broadcasting understands the outage extends from Warwick west to Dockyard.
BELCO President Wayne Caines said: “At approximately 7pm on Sunday, May 10, the Belmont substation experienced a fault which caused an outage in the West End of the island. BELCO crews were immediately dispatched to determine the cause of the outage and are working to restore power as quickly and safely as possible.
“Please note that BELCO’s online outage map may not reflect current conditions. Updates will be provided on BELCO’s social media channels. BELCO thanks customers for their patience while they work to restore power.”

