Monday, August 17, 2026
- Advertisement -

Demonstrators at US Consulate call for ceasefire in Israel/Hamas war

Around six demonstrators said they will demonstrate every Thursday afternoon until a ceasefire is reached

Demonstrators made their voices heard outside the U.S. Consulate, today calling for a ceasefire in the Israel/Hamas war.


A small group was protesting the killing of civilians and children in Gaza, after a ceasefire fell apart earlier this year.


The current conflict began 18 months ago when Hamas attacked Israel. It has resulted in more than 50,000 deaths, most of them Palestinian, according to Gaza’s health officials.


Local teacher Maha Turner says the group will protest every Thursday at 1.30pm until a ceasefire is reached.

A spokesperson for the US Consulate responding to the demonstration today stated, “We don’t have a statement to provide.”

Author

- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -